Marine 7” UI KitWatch Product Video
The R5 User Interface is purpose-built to be rugged, ergonomic, and intuitive, providing longevity against wear and tear. The R5 User Interface features five programmable buttons enabling adaptable alignment with end-user requirements or systems, with dedicated buttons perform push to talk and other standard controls.
Modular & Unique R5
- Leading a new generation in mission-critical communication technology, the R5 can act as a standalone or integrated system for use in police cars, motorcycles, fire engines, ambulances, and marine vessels, along with coast guard, mountain rescue, and other specialized emergency services.
- At Handsfree Group, the R5 fixed vehicle device is a leading vehicle communication, safety and security solution used by a wide range of first response clients. The R5 system features intuitive components such as adjustable, ergonomic push to talk controls and reliable connectivity to enable users to communicate with other vehicles and controllers quickly and effortlessly.
- For marine based emergency vehicles, such as coastguard or police boats, specialised corrosion resistant enclosures are ideal – being designed for use in the cold salt water. The versatile R5 Core Unit -which securely houses the systems CPU, connections, and interfaces – provides a Wi-Fi hot spot, LTE, and GPS module, all of which continue to operate effectively at long distances, ensuring the relay or receipt of critical information during an emergency.
- The R5 Core Unit utilises a Qualcomm chipset and runs the user-friendly Android 10 operating system, providing Airwave integration and ensuring the system is fully compatible with the latest end-user applications.
R5 7” User Interface Panel
- Larger display for ease of use
- Programmable hot keys, siren, and lighting control, talk group select, operational status, messages (OSM)
- Rugged, wear and tear resistant and fully functional in harsh environments
- 1.8mm Gorilla Glass
- Dedicated buttons for PTT and other standard controls
- Sunlight readable display
- Emergency, volume, brightness hard key controls
- AMPS mounting solution.
The R5 Core Unit is the central point of the R5 system. It provides the Android processing power, LTE connectivity, audio processing and an extensive range of IO interfaces for vehicle and 3rd party device connectivity.
The R5 Core Unit houses the systems CPU, Wireless Connection, and System interfaces. The versatile functionality of the R5 Core Unit includes CAN, RS232, 2 x USB, GPIO, and 2 x Ethernet interfaces, providing downstream connection to vehicle-specific accessories, such as Kodiak PTT devices. When paired with the R5 User Interface, the R5 Core Unit functions as a Wi-Fi hot spot, LTE, and GPS module, which continues to operate effectively at high vehicle speeds. The R5 Core Unit utilises a Qualcomm chipset and runs the Android 10 operating system, providing Airwave integration and ensuring the system is fully compatible with the latest end-user applications.
The R5 User Interface has been purpose-built to be rugged, ergonomic, and intuitive, providing longevity in harsh environments. The R5 User Interface features 5 Programmable buttons allowing the system to be calibrated to end-user requirements, whilst dedicated buttons perform PTT and other standard controls.
The large 7” LCD Display is sunlight – readable delivering functionality in changing light conditions. Finally, the rugged design is built to an IP67 standard, featuring a 1.8mm Gorilla Glass screen and ruggedised casing, offering protection against wear and tear.
R5 Core Unit
- Mobile Network Technology LTE
- Kodiak PPT
- Voice Calling
- GPS technology
- Multiple or Second Screen
- In Vehicle high speed Wi-Fi hot spot
- Bluetooth connected devices.
- Direct Mode (Device to Device Airwave Integration)
- Ethernet x 2
- USB 3.0
- USB 2.0 x 2
- GPIO x 8
Loudspeaker optimised for interference-free voice transmission. It seemlessly integrates into the system that comprises the complete R5 emergency services network solution.
- Rugged flame-resistant plastic housing
- Very compact design
- High sound output
- Protection class IP65
- Salt fog resistant
- Horn loudspeaker with cable
- Customized plugs
- 8 Ohm and 16 Ohm version
- 25W Output
- For mobile and fixed radio systems
- Housing: PVC plastic, black
- Dimensions: Height 66 mm, width 110 mm, depth 55 mm, height with retaining bracket 77 mm
- Weight: 340 g (12 oz)
- Storage temperature: -25 °C to +70 °C (-13 °F to +158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -25 °C to +70 °C (-13 °F to +158 °F)
- Connection 2-wire cable; cable length: 3.00 m, with
- Over Moulded Molex plug Connection
- Frequency range 300 Hz to 5 kHz at -10 dB
- Effective sound pressure 84 dB/1 W/1 m ± 2 dB
- Impedance 4 Ohm ± 15 % at 1 kHz
- Output norm. 10 W / max. 12 W
The R5 Fist Mic, or remote speaker microphone – designed with an amplifier and three buttons. This accessory is rugged and versatile, with PTT and an emergency button for ease of use. These fist microphones are an exceptional addition to the R5 Emergency Services Network Solution.
- Electret microphone capsule, integrated
- Class-D amplifier
- Solid plastic housing
- Protection class IP67
- PTT button, emergency button and one button for toggling the volume level
- LED for displaying the selected volume level and the emergency function (detachable)
- 360° rotating clip
- Headphone jack (3.5 mm jack with thread)
- Dimensions: Height 90 mm, width 66 mm, depth 31 mm
- Weight: 200 g / 7.05 oz
- Connection: Spiral cable, extension length max. 2.5 m
- Storage Temperature: -30 °C to +75 °C / -22 °F to +167 °F
- Operating Temperature: -25 °C to +70 °C / -13 °F to +158 °F
- Scope of delivery: Remote speaker microphone ML 50 with 360° rotating clip and spiral cable with plug for TPH700
- Microphone (electret)
- Operating voltage (DC): 3.3 V
- Frequency range: 150 Hz to 10 kHz at -10 dB
- Sensitivity: 5 mV/Pa (-46 dBV/Pa ± 3 dB)
- Impedance: 1 kΩ ± 20 % at 1 kHz (balanced)
- Directivity: Omnidirectional Speaker
- Frequency range: 650 Hz to 7 kHz at -10 dB
- Effective sound pressure: 81 dB/1 W/1 m ± 3 dB
- Impedance 8 Ω ± 15 % at 1 kHz
- Maximum output: 2 W (max. 2,5 W)
- Amplifier input: 600 Ω balanced
- Amplifier output: 0.6 W
R5 Rugged Handset
The HA57 Programmable R5 Handset is the perfect
choice to fit out a vehicle with a handsfree kit that satisfies the highest standards.
- Well proven design
- Large operating voltage range (5 V to 35 V)
- 2.4’’ colour graphic display with 240×320 pixel
- Adjustment of display brightness
- Full numeric keypad
- PTT button on the side
- Emergency Button Facility
- Dynamic ear capsule
- Electret microphone capsule with noise reduction
- Wear-free hook function
- IP67 (except for handset connector)
- Shock proofed housing
- Excellent Acoustics
- Usable in direct sunlight
- Hands free operation and private call functionality
- Adjustable display and key illumination (+day / night mode)
- Headphone jack (Mic + Speaker)
- Replaceable Cable
- PTT button
- Programmable button (PB)
- Status and notification LED
- Transflective color display
- Fully supported within the R5 Fixed Vehicle System